Chaffle pizza Toast !
Updated: Jul 29, 2020
Pizza has always been my weakness, I am sure many others feel the same way :D. When I went on Keto, I tried to follow a few recipes to make pizza but they were so time consuming, required so much effort and the taste was just not worth it! I run low on patience while cooking so I have always tried to make quicker version of recipes. This one is one of my absolute favorites.
I have to admit, nothing will ever replace the taste of traditional pizza crust! It is a fact. The more you try to find a replacement, more disappointed you will be. But once you are past that stage and you start enjoying Keto food, you will find that there is nothing to miss :-)
I don't miss pizza anymore, I have far tastier food now than I ever had and this Chaffle Pizza toast is an absolute delight, effortlessly. Chaffle have been a savior in my keto journey. Packed with proteins and fat, they are so filling. For this recipe, I start by making my Extra crispy Chaffles. Once cooled, I spread home-made pasta sauce on the chaffle, top it with my favorite pizza toppings, add more mozzarella cheese on top and grill it in convention oven for 3 minutes. Thats it!
Serving: 1 | Carbs: 5g | Fats: 23g | Calories: 350
For Extra crispy chaffle:
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 medium egg
1/2 small onion finely chopped (optional)
Seasonings of choice (I use paprika and turmeric)
For the Pizza toast:
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
3 teaspoon pasta sauce ( I use this recipe)
Toppings of choice
Pizza Seasonings (Optional)
1. Turn on the Waffle maker and let it get nicely hot
2. Mix the egg, seasonings and 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
3. Mix the chopped onions and 1/4th cup mozzarella separately
4. Sprinkle half of the onion-mozzarella mixture into the waffle maker and let it sizzle for 30sec
5. Divide and put the batter equally in the compartments of waffle maker.
6. Sprinkle rest half of onion-mozzarella mixture on top of the batter
7. Shut the lid and wait for the chaffle to brown, time depends on your waffle maker
8. If required, flip the chaffle.
9. Once it is brown and crispy, put it on a cooling rack for couple of mins
10. Spread pasta sauce, toppings of your choice and mozzarella cheese on the chaffles
11. Grill in convention oven for 3 minutes and top with pizza seasoning
12. Enjoy your Chaffle Pizza toast!