Keto Chaffle : Extra crispy recipe
Updated: Jul 29, 2020
Off or on Keto, I have always craved for Crispy and fried food, its sorta my weakness.
When I started Keto I missed crisps so much! I cannot count how many times I have considered going off keto just so that I can have anything crispy from Toast to french fries. But then one day I stumbled upon this holy grail called "Chaffle" and after that there was nothing stopping me :-P. There have been many days when I had no energy to cook, chaffle was my savior on such days. Chaffle gives you the perfect dose of healthy fats and proteins and there is so much you can do to customize it.
Chaffle is lazy man's keto recipe, so simple, requires very little effort from your end. It is just perfect for anyone who is starting Keto and wants to address those crispy cravings.
Below I have the Extra crispy recipe which is so crunchy that it will make you forget about any other crispy food you ever had.
If you arent a fan of the eggy taste:
- Use all ingredients at room temperature.
- You can try reducing the amount of egg in the recipe.
- You can also try using only the egg white for the recipe
Serving: 1 | Carbs: 3g | Fats: 18g | Calories: 280
Ingredients: ========= 1 medium egg 1/8 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese
Seasonings of choice (I use paprika and turmeric)
1/2 small onion finely chopped (optional)
1. Turn on the Waffle maker and let it get nicely hot
2. Mix the egg, seasonings and 1/2 cup shredded cheese
3. Mix the chopped onions and 1/8th cup mozzarella
4. Sprinkle the onion-mozzarella mixture into the waffle maker and let it sizzle for 30sec
5. Divide and put the batter equally in the compartments of waffle maker.
6. Sprinkle rest half of onion-mozzarella mixture on top of the batter
7. Shut the lid and wait for the chaffle to brown, time depends on your waffle maker
8. If required, flip the chaffle.
9. Once it is brown and crispy, put it on a cooling rack for couple of mins
10. Enjoy your Extra crispy Chaffle as it is or with choice of dips