Updated: Jul 29, 2020
Craving for fries? These Chaffle sticks will make you forget about french fries.
I have always loved french fries, who doesn't? That is one thing I missed on Keto but I ever since I made these Chaffle sticks, I don't miss french fries anymore.
Ever since I came across the existence of Chaffle, whenever I am in no cook mood or feel like I might fall off the Keto wagon because I am craving for something crispy, I go make myself a couple of Chaffles. They make you feel complete, you know what I mean? And there are so may ways you can use the chaffle.
In this recipe I will show you how to make Chaffle Sticks with minimal effort. Packed with healthy proteins and fat, these Chaffle sticks are so filling. They have been savior in my keto journey. May they be a savior in your Keto Journey as well.
Serving: 1 | Carbs: 3g | Fats: 18g | Calories: 280
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 medium egg
1/2 small onion finely chopped (optional)
Seasonings of choice (I use paprika and turmeric)
1. Turn on the Waffle maker and let it get nicely hot
2. Mix the egg, seasonings and 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
3. Mix the chopped onions and 1/4th cup mozzarella separately
4. Sprinkle half of the onion-mozzarella mixture into the waffle maker and let it sizzle for 30sec
5. Divide and put the batter equally in the compartments of waffle maker.
6. Sprinkle rest half of onion-mozzarella mixture on top of the batter
7. Shut the lid and wait for the chaffle to brown, time depends on your waffle maker
8. If required, flip the chaffle.
9. Once it is brown and crispy, put it on a cooling rack for couple of mins
10. Cut each chaffle into 4 long pieces and enjoy the chaffle sticks with choice of dip
Now how simple was that? And how satisfied were you after eating this?'